- Google/Gmail account
- All coursework available online
- Created by educators FOR educators
- Google Classroom makes coursework simple and easy to use
- Elementary Teachers
- Middle School Teachers
- High School Science Teachers
- Teachers who want to advance on the salary schedule
- New Teachers
- Teachers who want to learn more about the Next Generation Science Standards
Before you enroll in one of our courses, please be sure and review our “How It Works” page.
SHORT SUMMARY: This online, self-paced, 3 unit course provides K-12 educators like you with a comprehensive understanding of the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) and their transformative impact on science education. Participants in this course will also be given actual work time devoted to using what you learned in this course to improve your curriculum HOWEVER YOU DEEM BEST.
DETAILED SUMMARY: Participants can expect to obtain a much more thorough understanding of:
- The history of U.S. science education
- The rise of the movement for national standards
- The changes in thinking regarding how students do science that lead to the creation of new standards
- Which standards YOU are expected to teach in your classroom
You will be given ACTUAL work time where you get to create your OWN resources (based on your individual state’s adoption of the standards) that will best help you ensure you are following state guidelines for NGSS implementation.
How many years have teachers been BEGGING for work time instead of being mandated to attend one-size-fits-all PD presentations by curriculum coaches even though we still need to plan for tomorrow? We are listening!!
Culminating in a focused analysis tailored to each individual participant’s curriculum and approach to science teaching, this course empowers educators to identify the strengths and weaknesses of their current classroom curriculum and make improvements that are immediately integrated in the classroom.
TRANSLATION: If you are a science teacher that needs units, this course is for you.
Attention! A personal google/gmail account is required to access all coursework via Google Classroom.
*Be sure to get school district course approval PRIOR to enrolling if taking courses for salary advancement.